Wednesday 3 February 2016

Waterfalls & Rockpools, Luang Prabang

If you want to be blown away by nature, then the Kuang Si Waterfall a short Tuk-Tuk ride outside of Luang Prabang is the place for you. 


We were told about this gem (as well as seeing it advertised all around the city) by other travellers and people we met a day or so after arriving in Luang Prabang. So one morning, we jumped in a taxi and headed towards it with our bikinis, towels and cameras at the ready. What we didn't expect was just how unreal this place turned out to be. Words can't describe how picturesque it is. 


Everywhere I turned I just wanted to take a photo, so I really have to be strict with myself here by not uploading too many and boring you all! You can walk all the way around the edge of the waterfall - stopping along the way to swim and paddle in any rock pools that you see. We decided to be brave and take the small hike up to the top of the waterfall to see this amazing view everyone had been on about to us. Well I say hike, but to people used to exercise (unlike us), you'd probably find it an average walk with a few strides here and there. Again, the view was insane from the top and you could look down onto all the layers of the water below and at the different rock pools. 

After our 'hike' we rushed back down to the bottom and spent the next 45 minutes playing in the rock pools and sitting on the edge of some of the smaller ledges. If you stand in the water for long enough, you can feel all the little fish sucking on your toes and feet - sounds gross but just imagine those shops you go to to have fish nibble at your feet in a tank. Weirdly enough it was quite nice when you got used to it.


I took so many amazing photos on my waterproof camera of us actually in the water, but sadly haven't found a computer yet with a USB/SD card slot so I can't upload them. Traveller problems... But as soon as I find one I'll be adding them to this post. 

All in all it was such an amazing day and I can only wish that I get to do it all again one day. If the rest of the trip is anything to go by with how many rock pools and waterfalls there are to see out here, I can't wait to carry on my travels and see what else Asia has to offer!

Bikini - Missguided 


SHARE:

No comments

© She Who Does. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig