Thursday 24 December 2015

Less Is More: Backpacking Beauty List


At home I have a draw full of make up. Brands, styles, sizes, colours - you name it, I've got it. But a few days ago it suddenly hit me that sadly the whole drawer can't come with me in my backpack.

No matter how much I'd love to try and squeeze those extra products down the sides of my clothes and into every corner of my trainers, for a 3 month 'walking around in the sweltering hot weather' holiday it's just not worth it. On a day-to-day basis I don't actually wear that much make up anymore. I've come to realise that more often than not, less is more. And even though I have handfuls of different brands of foundation, foundation itself is something that's only actually seen on my face if I'm going somewhere nice or for a night out. Concealer pretty much just does the trick so it's made my make up packing a nice and easy one.



So, what am I actually taking with me? Like I've mentioned in my previous post, I'm quite a girly girl. But although I am this girly girl, I'm also very aware that all of this will probably go out of the window about 2 weeks into my trip - "you really won't care what you look like" everyone keeps telling me and I probably won't. But it's still nice to try and make yourself look a little bit acceptable isn't it? Especially these days, just as long as we've done our eyebrows in the morning we feel like we can conquer anything. It just gives you a little bit more confidence as well doesn't it. Even though it looks like I'm taking quite a lot it really isn't much at all and fits very comfortably into my toiletry bag. I've also tried to purchase/pack quite a few cheap high street brands compared to the more high end brands just incase I loose any - that way I won't be too hung up about it incase they go missing.

Face: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer x2 £4.19 (the best concealer around fyi), Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder £23.50, Collection Contour Kit £3.99, Body Shop Brow & Liner Kit £10, Benefit Browzings £24.50, Real Techniques Expert Face Brush £5.99, Bronzer Brush.

Eyes: Maybelline Colour Tattoo Eyeshadow £4.99, Rimmel Eyeshadow Quad £4.90, Benefit They're Real Mascara £18.50, Bourjois Volume Mascara £7.99, Maybelline Master Drama Khol Liner 5.99.

Lips & Other: Carmex Lip Balm £1.99, Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick £26, L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick £6.99, Eyeliner Sharpner £1.99, Maybelline Nail Base Coat £2.30, Sally Hansen Nail Polish £6.99.

SHARE:

No comments

© She Who Does. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig